Answered By: Elizabeth Leonard Last Updated: May 17, 2021 Views: 4
For more information about this resource and how to access it, please see http://library.shu.edu/chemistry/scifinder
You need to be on-campus to set up your account (once your account is created, you will be able to access it from off-campus as well). Here are the steps
1. Go to the SciFinder Online Registration page:
2. You should see "Welcome to SciFinder-n - we are going to register you as a new user" - click on "NEXT"
3. Complete the registration form.
a. In the contact information “email” box, .
b. You choose your username and password: username 5-15 characters (can have letters and numbers); password 7-15 characters that include: upper and lowercase letters (at least one upper case and one lower case), Numbers and Non-alphanumeric characters (e.g., @, #, %, &, *)
4. Click on “register” (if all is well, the next page will say that you will receive an email message from CAS with further instructions)
5. When you receive the email (it usually comes quickly), read the agreement, and click on the link to complete your registration and log in to SciFinder-n.