Answered By: Lisa Rose-Wiles Last Updated: May 18, 2017 Views: 17
You need to be on-campus to set up your account (once your account is created, you will be able to access it from off-campus as well). Here are the steps
1. Go to the SciFinder Online Registration page: you can click here or go to the libraries database page , select “S” and click on “SciFinder Web Access”, then see step 1 – click on “register for SciFinder web access”
2. You should see “Welcome to User Registration for SciFinder®! – click on “NEXT”
3. Complete the registration form.
a. In the contact information “email” box, use your SHU email address.
b. You choose your username and password: username 5-15 characters (can have letters and numbers); password 7-15 characters that include: mixed upper- and lowercase letters; numbers and non-alphanumeric characters (e.g., @, #, %, &, *)
4. Click on “register” (if all is well, the next page will say that you will receive an email message from CAS with further instructions)
5. When you receive the email (it usually comes quickly), read the agreement, and click on the link to complete your registration and log in to SciFinder.