Answered By: Sarah Ponichtera Last Updated: Jun 24, 2015 Views: 92
On a collegiate level, the school originated in Madison, New Jersey (site of the present day College of St. Elizabeth) and the campus remained active from 1856-1860 until the move to South Orange in 1860. The Immaculate Conception Seminary, which has ties to Seton Hall University, moved to a new location in Darlington, New Jersey from 1927 before moving back to South Orange in 1984. Extension campuses known as the “Urban Division” was established in 1937 to offer professional courses on a co-educational basis to students across the state. Sites were originally opened in Jersey City and Newark, with a campus in Paterson established after World War II. A medical school and law school were opened during the 1950s, with the latter still in operation and located in Newark. Today, the South Orange campus is still in operation since its move in 1860.
Msgr. William Noé Field Archives & Special Collections Center
Walsh Library - First Floor
Seton Hall University
400 South Orange Avenue
South Orange, NJ 07079